Description: Various pages from the 36 page A4 magazine.
The March 2015 edition of Compassion’s bi-annual magazine is themed ‘Africa’ and intended to engage and retain current child sponsors through the inspiring and challenging African magazine stories. This is a key communication piece for Compassion and is mailed to 80,000 supporters nationally.
Campaign Objectives and Strategy:
This magazine sought to engage and retain current child sponsors and supporters of Compassion through the inspiring and challenging African magazine stories. Following from the previous Asia edition, this one specifically addressed needs and successes in Africa.
Stories from each of Compassion’s African based countries were featured across the 36 page magazine, with design, infographics and photography that made the information easy to read, understand and engage the reader.
Creatively a consistent visual motif and theme was applied throughout the magazine to give it coherence but also hilighting the uniqueness of each of the countries that Compassion operate through graphic elements and photography. The core objective is to personalise Compassion’s programs in these countries through personal stories with emotive pull.
Compassion child sponsors and supporters in Australia, primarily adults of all ages, people who care about overseas poverty issues affecting children.
Campaign Execution and Media Channels:
This is a print 36 page magazine also a digital PDF provided for download from Compassion’s website.
Services Provided by Strategic Minds include:
• Creative Direction and Graphic Design of full magazine and insert.
• Account Management and Stakeholder Engagement
• Communication Strategies
• Creative Campaign Management and Implementation
• Brand development and management
• Design, typesetting and proofing
• Production Services (photography)
• Digital creative campaign development and implementation (online, site map, video content, wireframes, creative concepts)
• Digital asset production and management
• Branded content and integration
• Social Media
Distributed March/April 2016 and mailed to each of Compassion’s 80,000 supporters, PDF available online.
Outcome and Evaluation:
Strategic Minds was a key player with the creation and finial delivery of this magazine and it has been a highly engaging magazine. It has been very successful with many supporters and field partners requesting extra copies of the magazine, including special compliments from African staff themselves.Matt Darvas, Marketing Manager, Compassion Australia
Strategic Minds experience often result in those ‘extra’ creative elements or ideas that really generate the cut-through you’re looking for as a business in order to stand out. Good design is one thing, but it takes real creativity that breaks the mould in order to grab a supporter or prospects attention in a noisy marketplace. Janine Daly, Executive Director, Compassion Australia
For more case studies see:
• Case study 1: Talkshop Brand Identity
• Case study 2: John Holland Rail Safeworking Campaign
• Case study 3: Compassion Magazine
• Case study 4: John Holland Rail ETW App Campaign
• Case study 5: Salt 106.5
• Case study 6: CleanWater4Life
• Case study 7: Chrysalis Lifestyle Planning
• Case study 8: Emily’s Voice
• Case study 9: St Luke’s Grammar School
• Case study 10: Micah Australia
• Case study 11: Event and Environment Design
• Case study 12: Motion Graphics Video